Wednesday, March 10, 2010

agile is not communism

I enjoy a lot articles that mix social and software sciences. And I think they provide much value to the software community cause software is built by people (still, as of 2010), so their psychology and their interactions drive the software development.

This is a lightweight reading for the morning in this respect: Agile is Not Communism. And even if the author does a pretty good job of proving there is not much similarity between Agile and Communism, this phrase stayed with me: Several people in my class are asserting that agile is just like communism and since communism failed, agile is not likely to succeed either.

If you are like me and feel that today's Capitalism is not far from failure too, then take my advice and visit Greece, while it still has its islands ...


But since it's still early morning and we need our optimism for the day, take this quote from John Kenneth Galbraith: Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. ... uhh, did I say optimism?!

No comments: